It’s a good news day for Handballers as GAA Handball are delighted to release an updated National Clár for the remainder of 2021.
This followed the Government announcement on August 31st of restrictions being eased for indoor sports, before further clarification was received by Sport Ireland which was released last Friday September 10th.
In summary, from September 20th:
- Training and competitive play (capacity limit of 100 people) may resume as normal for those who have proof of immunity to Covid-19.
- If all participants are not immune, then training/competitions is permitted in pods of 6.
- October 22nd is the date when remaining restrictions are expected to be removed.
The CCCC have agreed that due to the time frame that was left to their disposal, only the outstanding games from the 2020 season can be completed this year. This includes the following.
- 2020 Softball Juvenile Singles Semi-Finals and Finals
- 2020 4-Wall Adult Singles Finals
- 2020 4-Wall Juvenile Singles and Doubles Finals
More detailed information on each weekend will be released to county secretaries once the expected restriction that are due to be removed by October 22nd are received.
NOTE: The Clár covers events at national level, and this does not mean that clubs/counties/provinces cannot run competitions in other grades if they so wish in line with government guidelines.