Welcome to GAA Handball's Referee Education page. See below for full details and links to our Referee Pathway's for the various codes of Handball.
- Two separate pathways have been devised, one for 4-Wall/60x30 combined, and one for 1-Wall.
- Phase 1 of both pathways is now available; an online multiple choice quiz where participants who pass (90% Pass Rate required) will receive certification.
- For Phase 2, GAA Handball will be rolling out a series of regional referee clinics in early 2020.
Pathway Overview - 4 Stages:
- FOUNDATION: Pass Online Multiple Choice Quiz
- LEVEL 1: Attend a Referee Clinics
- LEVEL 2: Pass Observation of refereeing at County/Provincial level
- LEVEL 3: Pass Observation of refereeing at National level
Start today, take our Quizzes...
- Both involve 60 multiple choice questions
- Time limit of 45 minutes max (average time taken is 20 mins).
- A 90% Pass Rate is required.
- Participants are encouraged to check the rulebook if they are unsure of an answer (see link below)
**Participants must firstly create an account at learning.gaa.ie (which only takes a matter of moments). Please follow below links to register and complete. Users under the age of 16 require parental consent in order to register.**
Please contact National Development Officer Darragh Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org for queries on Referee Education or if you wish to host a Referee Clinic in your Club/County.