What is Club Iontach?
Club Iontach is GAA Handball’s new quality standards programme for Handball Clubs across Ireland. The programme was devised to help guide clubs to achieve minimum operating standards in core areas, aimed at improving all aspects of club development.
GAA Handball are confident that there is something in this document that all Clubs can learn from as they continuously endeavour to create positive sporting experiences in a safe, enjoyable and supportive environment.
The role of the Club is the lifeblood of our association, and we are indebted to our volunteers. It is within the Club that future generations of Handball players are introduced to the sport, where countless hours are spent coaching, playing, volunteering and inspiring a life time of positive experiences and involvement in GAA Handball. With all this in mind, GAA Handball have taken the initiative to provide our Clubs with this resource document to assist them to continue to evolve and strive for excellence.
A large resource repository of guidance documents and sample templates has been made available below to help guide clubs through this accreditation process, and help simplify the process.
- Enhance Club's ability to attract new members, as both players and administrators
- Improve the Club's overall sustainability and effectiveness
- Raises the bar in terms of Club standards across the country, which will in turn lead to better structures, competitions and an overall stronger association for all members
- Receive a "Club Iontach Accredited Club" Display Plaque for your Club at a national event, to showcase the excellent work the Club is doing in promoting GAA Handball
- Club Feature to be published on national website
The Core Areas:
- Club Management
- Communications, Image & PR
- Coaching & Development
How to get started?
- Club Contact to register the club by emailing email@example.com.
- Details will be sent to the club to logon to the Club Iontach portal.
- Submissions must be completed via the online Club Iontach portal.
- A hard-copy of the document and checklist will be distributed to every GAA Handball Club Secretary, and can be distributed on request.
There is no deadline for completion, instead Clubs can work at their own pace for Accreditation. We are confident that all Clubs who sign up will reap the rewards and inevitably grow stronger as a Club. The development staff at GAA Handball are on hand for guidance when required.
|Appendix 1||A1 - Club Constitution Template.docx|
|Appendix 2||A2 - Role of the Club Officials Template.docx|
|Appendix 3||A3 - Facility Booking Template.docx |
|Appendix 4||A4 - Coaching Programme Template.docx |
|Appendix 5||A5 - Session Planner Template.docx |
|Appendix 6||A6 - Club Development Plan Template.docx|
|Appendix 7||A7 - Handball Code of Behaviour Poster.pdf|
|Appendix 8||A8 - Parent Consent Form.docx|
|Appendix 9||A9 - Code of Conduct Coaches and Volunteers Template.docx|
|Appendix 10||A10 - Code of Expectations for Parents Template.docx|
|Appendix 11||A11 - Code of Conduct for Children Template.docx|
|Appendix 12||A12 - Risk Assessment Template.doc|
|Appendix 13||A13 - First Aid Kit Recommendations.docx|
|Appendix 14||A14 - Accident Report Template.docx|
|Appendix 15||A15 - Emergency Details Template.docx|
|Appendix 16||A16 - Attendance Register Template.docx|
|Appendix 17||A17 - Data-Protection-Policy-Template.doc|
|Greencastle HC, Tyrone||Gold||June 2020||Read|
|Corduff HC, Monaghan||Gold||June 2020||Read|