A new GAA Handball's Referee Education Pathway has now been launched, incorporating all codes played in Ireland. See below for full details and links to our Referee Pathway's for the various codes of Handball.
Our Referee Education page will be permanently available on our website at www.gaahandball.ie/clubzone/referee-education.
- Two separate pathways have been devised, one for 4-Wall/60x30 combined, and one for 1-Wall.
- Phase 1 of both pathways is now available; an online multiple choice quiz where participants who pass (90% Pass Rate required) will receive certification.
- For Phase 2, GAA Handball will be rolling out a series of regional referee clinics in early 2020.
Pathway Overview - 4 Stages:
- FOUNDATION: Pass Online Multiple Choice Quiz
- LEVEL 1: Attend a Referee Clinics
- LEVEL 2: Pass Observation of refereeing at County/Provincial level
- LEVEL 3: Pass Observation of refereeing at National level
Start today, take our Quizzes...
- Both involve 60 multiple choice questions
- Time limit of 45 minutes max (average time taken is 20 mins).
- A 90% Pass Rate is required.
- Participants are encouraged to check the rulebook if they are unsure of an answer (see link below)
**Participants must firstly create an account at learning.gaa.ie (which only takes a matter of moments). Please follow below links to register and complete. Users under the age of 16 need to get parental consent in order to register.**
Please contact National Development Officer Darragh Daly at firstname.lastname@example.org for queries on Referee Education or if you wish to host a Referee Clinic in your Club/County.