Stay In Touch With Us Coaching Videos

Covid-19 Update

Following the government's announcement on Friday from December 1st the country will move back to Level 3 restrictions. 

Therefore, from tomorrow 1st December the following restrictions will apply in respect of GAA Handball activity. Clubs are reminded that any return to training should be in line with the safe return to play protocols.


Outdoor training sessions no more than 15 people allowed.
Indoor individual training only. 1 parent/guardian allowed in with Juveniles.


No games/matches permitted

Dressing rooms/showers 

Dressing rooms/showers to remain closed

Viewing galleries 

Viewing galleries to remain closed

For clubs in Northern Ireland the following guidelines apply at present:

GAA Handball would like to acknowledge the impact the Level 5 restrictions have had on all its members and clubs. We have been in constant contact both individually and as part of the recently set up indoor sports group with the relevant bodies that make the decisions in relation to the restrictions on sport.

Before entering level 5, GAA Handball along with other indoor sports made a submission to the Sports Expert Group outlining our concerns with the current restrictions and seeking the further easing of restrictions relating to indoor sport during Level 3. We have yet to receive any confirmation that these submissions have been accepted or denied. We will continue to engage with Sport Ireland and will update our members as soon as possible if the situation changes.

Recently Sport Ireland announced a support funding package for Irish Sports and we are delighted to inform you that GAA Handball were part of a successful application in conjunction with the GAA, LGFA and Camogie for same. We are awaiting confirmation on the final figures of the amount of support funding allocated to GAA Handball and once we have same, we will be in a position to advise how clubs can apply for this funding. This funding will be available to fully registered clubs only and further details will follow on how to apply for same.

We are also awaiting clarification from the insurance department around a possible rebate of player injury payment fees arising out of the cancellation of activities due to Covid19. Once this is clarified we will be in a position to advise further on club registrations for 2020 and 2021.

We encourage our members to continue to abide by the guidelines on social distancing, wearing of masks and sanitizing. As always as this is an ever-changing situation and further updates will be issued when available.

In the meantime, stay safe and as always, your cooperation is greatly appreciated.