I hope you are all keeping safe and well. Following the announcement of proposed changes of restrictions by the Northern Ireland Executive and the subsequent meeting of the GAA Advisory group please find below the latest update in relation to Covid-19 restrictions.
Clubs in the 6 Counties
The recent proposed changes to regulations North of the border have implications for Handball clubs in the 6 Counties.
Outdoor Handball facilities may be used for Handball training. A review by the NI Executive will be held on the week of April 5th and presuming restrictions are then eased as proposed, the following activities will be allowed from April 12th onwards for clubs only in the 6 counties:
- Training at adult and underage levels in groups of up to 15 people only, including coaches is permitted.
- Games are not permitted until further notice.
- Use of dressing rooms or other indoor facilities is not permitted for the moment (exception: essential toilet facilities).
- Clubs should refer to and abide by the Return to Play Document – an updated version will be circulated to all Clubs ahead of April 12th.
- Cover under both the Injury Benefit Fund and Liability insurance policy is conditional on clubs being in compliance with return to play guidelines and requirements.
- Particular care is advised in planning for travel to and from training – i.e. only persons from your own bubble should travel in the same vehicle.
- Use of other indoor facilities – such as bars, kitchens or meeting rooms – is not permitted under the current regulations.
Clubs in the 26 Counties
In relation to restrictions in the 26 counties, we are anticipating that we will receive an update on restrictions and any possible relaxation of same by the end of next week and will hopefully be in a position to issue further advice then on a possible return to play.
We are fully aware that 2021 has been a tough year so far with no action at any levels of the association. We are hopeful that this news regarding outdoor play will be the start of more positive news going forward and with the vaccine rollout continuing that a return to action for all clubs north and south will not be far away. In this respect it is vital that all our members continue to abide by the guidelines on social distancing, wearing of masks and sanitizing in order to help drive numbers down and allow as quick a return as possible. We will continue to liaise with both the GAA expert group and the Sport Ireland expert group in a bid to get Handball activities back as soon as possible.
As this is an ever-changing situation further updates will be issued when necessary. In the meantime, please stay safe and thank you as always for your cooperation.
Is mise le meas,