GAA Handball Clubs may be interested in this current funding opportunity aimed at increasing participation in recreational sport for older people. If your Club is interested, feel free to contact email@example.com to discuss how to implement your ideas successfully.
The Age & Opportunity Active National Grant Scheme offers financial supports – provided by Sport Ireland – to local clubs, groups and organisations, nationwide who promote increased participation in recreational sport or physical activity for older people.
It aims to assist in the implementation of locally-developed, well-planned activity and sport initiatives. In particular, the scheme is aimed at:
- Assisting local clubs/organisations to enhance existing opportunities for their members in recreational sport and physical activity;
- Assisting local clubs/organisations to start new initiatives geared at involving older people in recreational sport and physical activity.
Example Project Ideas:
- (1) a five-week programme to introduce older people to an activity such as Go for Life Games, aerobics, aquafit, Tai Chi etc. The costs of hall hire and a qualified instructor might form part of the overall cost;
- (2) an initiative by a sports club to involve more older people – the purchase of specialised equipment, facility hire or a qualified independent instructor might form part of the overall cost;
- 12 noon Friday 2nd October 2020.
- Please return your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See below link for full details including the Application Form and Terms & Conditions.