The 2018 GAA Handball season came to a on Saturday 24th November with the 40x20 Inter-club All Ireland Championships. In the Open grade Coolboy (Wicklow) took the premier title for the first time when they defeated Glenbeigh (Kerry) in the final on a 74-42 scoreline.
The Open competition was played in Cullohill and in the first semi-final Coolboy received a walkover from Breacach (Tyrone) while Glenbeigh received a bye in the other semi-final. In the final, Coolboy was always in control and in the end they conformable won the final and the Open club title for the first time on a 74-42 score-line.
The Junior competition was played in Leixlip & St. Brigids with Moycullen (Galway) defeating Kilworth (Cork) in the first semi-final while St. Gall’s (Antrim) overcame Templeudigan (Wexford) in the other semi-final. The final was very exciting with the minimum of margins between both teams but at the end Moycullen just edges it over St. Gall’s on a score-line 81-58.
Finally, in the Junior B competition which was played in Curraghboy, Roscommon. In the first semi-final Windgap (Kilkenny) defeated Kingscourt (Cavan) while in the second semi-final Hospital (Limerick) overcame Newport (Mayo). In the final the Leinster champions were just too strong for their Munster opponents with Windgap defeating Hospital 62-46.
Thanks to all the clubs, players, referees and sincere thanks to the host clubs for their hospitality.
GAA Handball 40x20 All Ireland Inter-club 2018 Results
Saturday 24th November
OPEN in Cullohill, Laois
- Semi Final 1: Coolboy (Wicklow) W/O Breacach (Tyrone)
- Semi Final 2: Glenbeigh (Kerry) Bye
- Final: Coolboy (Wicklow) dft Glenbeigh (Kerry) 74-42
Junior in Leixlip, Kildare & St. Brigids, Dublin
- Semi Final 1: St. Gall’s (Antrim) dft Templeudigan (Wexford) 72-55
- Semi Final 2: Moycullen (Galway) dft Kilworth (Cork) 75-35
- Final: Moycullen (Galway) dftSt. Gall’s (Antrim) 81-58
Junior B Curraghboy, Roscommon
- Semi Final 1: Windgap (Kilkenny) dft Kingscourt (Cavan)
- Semi Final 2: Hospital (Limerick) dft Newport (Mayo)
- Final: Windgap (Kilkenny) dft Hospital (Limerick) 62-46