The 2018 World Handball Championships starts today Thursday 9th August with the 1-Wall championships kicking off at the fabulous Minnesota State University Campus.
Team Ireland first competitor into action is Monaghan’s Eoghan McGinnity when he enters the 17&U 1-Wall Singles tomorrow (Friday) at 4pm local time (10pm Irish time).
The 4-Wall Championships don’t start till next Monday 13th August with most of the team Ireland players seeing action for the first time in 4-Wall on Tuesday 14th August.
Team Ireland first match (all local time):
- Martin Mulkerrins (Galway) Team Captain – Tuesday 14th 1pm – 4-Wall Open Singles
- Martina McMahon (Limerick) Team Captain – Monday 13th 10am – 1 Wall Open Singles
- Paul Brady (Cavan) - Tuesday 14th 5pm – 4-Wall Open Singles
- Aisling Reilly (Antrim) – Friday 17th 12noon – 4-Wall Open Singles
- Robbie McCarthy (Westmeath) - Tuesday 14th 3pm – 4-Wall Open Singles
- Diarmuid Nash (Clare) - Tuesday 14th 11am – 4-Wall Open Singles
- Conor McElduff (Tyrone) - Monday 13th 11am – 1 Wall Open Singles
- Shane Dunne (Kilkenny) – Sunday 12th 8pm – 1-Wall 19&U Singles
- Megan McCann (Armagh) – Monday 13th 11am – 1-Wall 19&U Singles
- Eoghan McGinnity (Monaghan) – Friday 10th 4pm – 1-Wall 17&U Singles
- Niamh Heffernan (Galway) – Sunday 12th 8am – 1-Wall 17&U Singles
- Josh Kavanagh (Wexford) – Monday 13th 4pm – 1-Wall 15&U Doubles
- Mairead Fox (Tyrone) - Sunday 12th 8am – 1-Wall 15&U Singles