Details of the She's Ace Ladies Festival Weekend of Handball 2019, in association with Breast Cancer Ireland, are now released by GAA Handball.
One of the true highlights of the Handballing season sees females from 8 years old right up to 50+ come together to play two codes of Handball in both fun and competitive capacities.
January 18th - 20th 2019 will again see players from all over the country descend on Mayo venues, and this year we have some exciting new additions.
- We have brand new one day Ladies 30+ & Ladies 40+ Four-Wall competitions on Saturday 19th. This is the first time we have ever held competitions for these age groups and is in line with GAA Handball's commitment with the recently launched "20x20" Initiative by the Federation of Irish Sports to increase female participation. It's time to get out the old gloves ladies and get back on the court!
- We are expanding playing opportunities in the infamous "Mother & Daughter Doubles", providing more match opportunities for novice mothers by splitting the event into two grades.
- Coaching Clinics for Girls 13&U by Handball's Elite Female stars including All-Ireland & World Champions.
- Early Bird Discount until January 1st.
- Family Discount Offers
This is of course in addition to what is an already action packed weekend containing:
- Elite Ladies National 4-Wall Ranking Tournament bringing the best Ireland has to offer to the Mayo courts.
- One day 4-Wall events for 11&U, 13&U, 15&U, 17&U, Ladies B & Ladies Challenger
- Fun Day of 1-Wall Handball on Sunday played in a Mixed Team Event
- Series of Individual Challenges
This year we want to break our entry records so are asking everyone in the Handball community to spread the word, and encourage all female members in your Clubs to head west for a great social weekend. And don't forget we provide grades for beginners as well so if you have ever wanted to have a go at Handball, well this is the perfect opportunity in a no pressure environment.