GAA Handball today announced details of their upcoming All Star Awards Ceremony that will be held in Croke Park on Saturday 3rd February the night prior to GAA Handball's AGM.
A host of stars will gather at HQ to reflect on what has been an outstanding year in GAA Handball. This year's awards sees a number of new award categories to recognise the fantastic work been done by our clubs/counties and volunteers.
The All Stars recognises the best players and the success they have achieved in the past 12 months. This year in a change to Voting systems the four Provincial winners will go forward for the National Award with 50% of the final vote being made by an elected voting panel and the other 50% will be voted on by their peers in the game with the Top players asked to submit their votes too. In the case of the Young Player of the Year the elected panel and a panel of Juvenile coaches will select the winner.
- Male Player of the Year
- Female Player of the Year
- Young Male Player of the year
- Young Female Player of the Year
- Four Provincial Winners will be nominees for National Award.
- Voting Committee elected by Ard Comhairle will contribute 50% of the Vote.
- Players Panel based on current Open Ranking Tables will contribute 50% of the Vote.
- For Young Player voting panel of Juvenile Coaches instead of Players to vote.
- Combined scoring to determine winner
As always there will be an inductee from each province into the GAA Handball Hall of Fame as four more icons of the game receive recognition for their achievements throughout long careers.
- Hall of Fame Award
Four Provincial nominees will be honoured on the night.
Also this year a greater emphasis will be placed on the volunteer with a number of volunteer Awards introduced to reflect the fantastic work been done throughout the country. In an exciting new venture nominations are open to the Handball public for these awards and voting will be by online secret ballot with the winner being announced live on the night! The Volunteer based awards will be as follows.
- Club of the Year
- Clubperson of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Venue of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Online Nominations sought from Clubs/Handball Public. Closing Date December 30th. Note: You can nominate in one category only or in all categories but you may only nominate once in each.
- Nominees will be listed online and voting will take place for 2 weeks by Voting Committee and a Public Vote to decide top 4. Closing Date January 13th.
- Once 4 nominees are announced voting will reopen for public votes up until the night of the Awards.
- Winners will be announced live on the night.
On the night guests will be treated to a three course meal and entertainment. Ticket details and further details will follow shortly but it promises to be a fantastic night's entertainment as we celebrate the past 12 months of Handball action.
In the meantime if there is someone you know who deserves to be considered for a Volunteers Award then get voting!!