GAA Handball today announced details of their upcoming All Star Awards Ceremony that will be held in the fabulous Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa on Saturday 2nd February the night prior to GAA Handball's AGM.
Following on from the tremendous success of last years event, a host of stars will gather to reflect on what has been an outstanding year in GAA Handball. This year's awards are the second installment of the newly revamped GAA Handball Awards and a large crowd is expected to celebrate the outstanding achievements of our players and the fantastic work been done by our clubs/counties and volunteers.
The All Stars Player of the Year recognise the best players and the success they have achieved in the past 12 months. The four Provincial Player of the Year winners will go forward for the National Award with 50% of the final vote being made by an elected voting panel and the other 50% will be voted on by their peers in the game with the Top players asked to submit their votes. In the case of the Young Player of the Year the elected panel will select the winner. The Club of the Year will see the four provincial winners go head to head in a public vote to determine the overall Club of the Year.
- Male Player of the Year
- Female Player of the Year
- Young Male Player of the year
- Young Female Player of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Four Provincial Winners will be nominees for National Award.
- Voting Committee elected by Ard Comhairle will contribute 50% of the Vote.
- Players Panel based on current Open Ranking Tables will contribute 50% of the Vote.
- For Young Player voting panel will decide.
- Combined scoring to determine winner
- Club of the Year decided by public vote
As always there will be an inductee into the GAA Handball Hall of Fame as we once more recognise one of the greats of GAA Handball. This award will be decided by the voting panel.
There is one addition to the volunteer awards introduced to reflect the fantastic work been done throughout the country. As with last year nominations are open to the Handball public for these awards and once the finalists have been decided voting will be by online secret ballot with the winner being announced live on the night! The Volunteer based awards will be as follows.
- Clubperson of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Venue of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Media Award (This award is to recognise outstanding effort in the promotion of GAA Handball through the various forms of Media. It can be a PRO of a club/county or province, a local Newspaper/Journalist, a videographer, photographer or anyone else deemed to have raised the profile of the game through the Media)
- Online Nominations sought from Clubs/Handball Public. Closing Date January 2nd. Note: You can nominate in one category only or in all categories but you may only nominate once in each.
- Nominees will be listed online and voting will take place for 2 weeks by Voting Committee and a Public Vote to decide top 4. Closing Date January 13th.
- Once 4 nominees are announced voting will reopen for public votes up until the night of the Awards.
- Winners will be announced live on the night.
On the night guests will be treated to a three course meal and entertainment. Ticket details and further details will follow shortly but it promises to be a fantastic night's entertainment as we celebrate the past 12 months of Handball action.
Room bookings can be made by contacting the Dunboyne Castle Hotel on (01) 801 3500 and quoting GAA Handball to avail of the special AGM rate of €140 for a double room B&B and €130 single B&B.
In the meantime if there is someone you know who deserves to be considered for a Volunteers Award then get voting!!